Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Common Credit Problems and other Credit Report topics.
Finding the best credit card help means avoiding problems and pitfalls that can lead to deeper credit card problems. Consumers with credit card problems need credit card help from someone they can trust. Here are some pitfalls to avoid and services to ask for when seeking debt advice to lower your payments.
* Beware of upfront fees before any service has been provided for fixing your credit card problems.
* Ask about strategies you can do on your own for solving credit card problems and long-term credit card debt.
* Find out how to access your credit report from the credit bureaus.
* When seeking credit card help, ask a counselor for advice on accessing your credit report to get your credit scores.
* Never accept an offer to create a “new” credit identity to avoid credit problems and long-term credit card debt. It is illegal.
* Avoid agencies that advise you to disupte all information in your credit report.
Finally, if a debt counselor's solution seems too good to be true, it probably is. A reputable agency offering credit card help will be your partner in devising new strategies for credit card problems.